First Aid Courses Near Picton
First Aid Courses and Reaccreditation
Wave Learning provides professional and certified first aid courses to the Picton area. Delivered in group session for individuals and organisations.
Participants who complete our First Aid course will be issued with a Statement of Attainment in:
- HLTAID003: Provide First Aid
- HLTAID001: Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID004: Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
One Day First Aid Course Picton
Complete your first aid course in one day with Wave Learning. Nationally recognised first aid course run by professionally qualified and experienced trainers.
Your first aid course covers the following
- Assess an emergency situation
- CPR techniques on adults and infants
- How to use an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- How to manage medical conditions such as anaphylaxis, asthma and seizures
- How to manage medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and choking
- Administer first aid for soft tissue and eye injuries
- How to manage exposure to extreme temperatures
- How to assess and move the sick & injured
- Your legal responsibilities as a first aider
- Basics of the anatomy and physiology
- How to manage shock and many other important first aid tips.
All one day first aid courses are comprised of a online component which must be complete in addition to the face to face learning.
Where are the Picton first aid courses run?
Unless advised otherwise our Picton first aid courses are generally run from the Picton Bowling Club. We also run regular courses in Campbelltown and the Oran Park Podium. For upcoming courses please get in touch with us below.
How to book in for my first aid course?
Booking in for your first aid course is easy! Simply phone 1300 553 774 or contact us using our online contact form.
Do I need a first aid certificate
Whilst workplace requirements will vary from one place to another, you need to consider all potential hazards and what first aid provisions are in place in your workplace.
Some employment such as early childhood educators and teachers are obliged to maintain a current first aid certificate.
There a laws surrounding first aid, with the legal obligations set out in clause 42 of the Work Health & Safety Regulations. There are also general WHS laws about first aid which are found in the Code of Practice for first aid in the work place.
First Aid Courses equip you with the tools and knowledge to provide an immediate first aid response until such time that an ambulance or medical attention arrives. Whether your needed to apply first aid in the work place or during the course of your daily activities, first aid courses equip you with skills that can save someone’s life.
Wave Learning provide essential first aid courses to the Picton area.